If there’s one thing I’ve started doing more regularly, it’s cleaning up my life. I can’t move on from the hurts of the past if I’m still holding on tight… Here are a few things I like to do when trying to clean up my life, & brighten up again
- Delete old conversations. If we no longer talk, I’m holding onto nothing. It’s super healthy to let go of the past and to stop yourself from dwelling on things, by not having the temptation to dwell on it.
- Say kind things. Whether it be about yourself, or other people, a positive mind = a positive life. Good vibes and all that. Don’t speak about people you don’t like, don’t even think about them.
- Allow yourself to cry, and vent. Don’t beat yourself up about letting the bad moments get to you. You need to release the anger and the hurt in able to move onto better things
- If it’s not working, don’t force it. That goes for relationships, friendships and plans for your future. There really is no reason for you to keep working and feeling like a failure when there are other people and places for you to be better in.
- Don’t run away from your problems. If you don’t face them head on and deal with them, the reason you ran will still be with you. Make sure to focus on releasing and freeing yourself before a new beginning.
- “Clean sheets = clean sleep = a clean mind”
- Don’t forget to make yourself feel loved. (Need some ideas? I have an entire post on it.)
- A glass of cold water, a walk, a warm bath and a good night’s sleep are perfect for clearing your head.
What do you do when you want a life change? Let me know 🙂
If there’s one thing social media has taught me, it would be to be the best version of myself.
Recently I’ve become obsessed with bettering myself… in the best way possible. So here goes: A Girls’ Guide to The Glo Up
Step 1: Set goals
Set SMART goals. Make sure they’re specific, measurable, attainable, relevant & time-bound. Have a game plan. SMART goals are great because you know what you want to get out of them, and you can apply the theory to any situation!
Step 2: Learn to love yourself
Loving myself, which is probably one of the hardest things that happens during your glo up, is hard. So hard that sometimes it’s just like ‘No, I can’t today…’ and then naming something I dislike about myself.
My best way of overcoming this, though, was to start a ‘put up’ journal: for every negative thought I had about myself, I had to think of at least 3 positive things & write them down. The more I started looking at myself in a positive light, the happier I became. It’s a definite cycle -> if you’re not happy with yourself, chances are you won’t be happy in other areas of your life.
Step 3: Accept yourself
So, accept yourself. ‘Flaws’ and all. Develop your authenticity and stop trying to live by the ‘goal af’ feeds of social media superstars. Do you. The realest version of you. Love gaming and cartoons? do it. Just because the rest of your friends are girly girls obsessed with makeup & clothing doesn’t mean you have to be too. Find your strengths, work on your weaknesses & most important of all? Accept them. You can only live in denial for so long before reality comes and bites you in the backside.
PS what did you think of this post? should I do more like this? Let me know in the comments below! or on twitter at twitter.com/15bex02 love ya xo