I’m back, with another feeling inspired post, yay! It has been a while….
Anyway, I’m obsessed with little reasons to smile. For those of you that don’t know, it’s a tumblr account where people submit things that make them happy and the account owners create cute little images and woooooow. My happy place.
“But the most beautiful things in life are not just things. They’re people, and places, memories and pictures. They’re feelings and moments and smiles and laughter”
Here are 15 of my favourites:
My hair is naturally curly, but it’s such a hassle to wear it naturally. I straighten it once a week and hate myself for it – it’s such a mission.
Beauty Bulletin gave me the chance to trial the new Dark & Lovely Au Naturale Range. It will be available in South Africa from October and is totally worth the money.
I was sent 4 products:
- Moisture Replenishing Shampoo (RRP R34.95)
- Knot Out Conditioner (RRP R34.95)
- Plaiting Pudding Cream (RRP R69.95)
- Afro Moisturising Butter (RRP R69.95)
If there’s one thing I’ve started doing more regularly, it’s cleaning up my life. I can’t move on from the hurts of the past if I’m still holding on tight… Here are a few things I like to do when trying to clean up my life, & brighten up again
- Delete old conversations. If we no longer talk, I’m holding onto nothing. It’s super healthy to let go of the past and to stop yourself from dwelling on things, by not having the temptation to dwell on it.
- Say kind things. Whether it be about yourself, or other people, a positive mind = a positive life. Good vibes and all that. Don’t speak about people you don’t like, don’t even think about them.
- Allow yourself to cry, and vent. Don’t beat yourself up about letting the bad moments get to you. You need to release the anger and the hurt in able to move onto better things
- If it’s not working, don’t force it. That goes for relationships, friendships and plans for your future. There really is no reason for you to keep working and feeling like a failure when there are other people and places for you to be better in.
- Don’t run away from your problems. If you don’t face them head on and deal with them, the reason you ran will still be with you. Make sure to focus on releasing and freeing yourself before a new beginning.
- “Clean sheets = clean sleep = a clean mind”
- Don’t forget to make yourself feel loved. (Need some ideas? I have an entire post on it.)
- A glass of cold water, a walk, a warm bath and a good night’s sleep are perfect for clearing your head.
“Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have” – Unknown
Having a bad day? A bad week? A bad month?
Sometimes the only way to get out of a funk is to keep pushing on until one day you wake up and it’s not bothering you anymore. While you’re pushing on, you should treat yourself & give yourself a reason to see purpose and feel life.
So, 5 self-care ideas for when life gets hard
3. Take yourself out – for an ice cream, for coffee, for a long walk on the beach. Alone time is great for when you’re feeling overwhelmed and you’re constantly surrounded by other people. Even a quick walk around the block will feel great for some peace of mind.
4. Run yourself a hot bath… or jump into a hot shower. (But not too hot, because we don’t want your skin ruined). Jump in and just relax. Lock the door. Use a Do Not Disturb sign if you have to, but make this your me time. No distractions.
5. Make yourself a healthy meal. For me, this one was always such a weird idea, like isn’t comfort eating a bad idea? until I realised that there was a difference between stuffing my face with cake and making myself a fruit bowl filled with my favourites – it’s all about balance tbh. BUT the meal will make a difference to your mood.
What are your favourite ways to look after yourself? Leave them in the comments below!
I’ve never really thought about the future of this blog until recently and I’ve decided that it’s time to try a new direction. To be less like the rest, and more myself.
Welcome to the new 15bex02, the lifestyle blog.
I have a ton of personal goals for this blog, and realised a mission statement is exactly what I need. I need a reference point, or constant reminder of where I want this blog to go.
More posts! I’m hoping to stray away from strictly beauty posts, and focus more on real life talks, advice and healthy living for the body and soul. I want to express more of my personal style and preferences, and learn more about some of you. I’m hoping to add some reviews, posts about life and new things to try… Let’s see how well that goes.
Dream catching. Quite literally, I’m hoping to grasp some of my dreams and visions in my hands and carry them out. I may share some of those in a post, let me know if you’re keen on that?
Musings. I really want to share more deep thoughts and musings and ideas. I have so much more to learn and so much growth to do, I can only hope ya’ll come along for the ride.
What you won’t be seeing on my blog:
Only money making posts. With this in mind, if approached by a brand that I use and trust I’ll probably accept the offer and do the post. What I won’t do, though, is hide the fact that it is a sponsored post because I want to be transparent with you.
Drama. I hate drama. I no longer follow celebs, because there’s so much drama attached to them. You won’t see any gossip-y posts (maybe the odd reference here and there), but I’m in no place to be judging any of them.
Fellow bloggers, do you have a mission statement for your blog? Feel free to share it below! What kinds of posts are you keen to see on here? What do you think of my mission statement? I really want to create the kind of content you want to see, so let me know! ❤
So we messed around and this happened 🙂 hope you enjoy it, if you’re new to the channel don’t forget to like, comment & subscribe xo