If there’s one thing I’ve started doing more regularly, it’s cleaning up my life. I can’t move on from the hurts of the past if I’m still holding on tight… Here are a few things I like to do when trying to clean up my life, & brighten up again
- Delete old conversations. If we no longer talk, I’m holding onto nothing. It’s super healthy to let go of the past and to stop yourself from dwelling on things, by not having the temptation to dwell on it.
- Say kind things. Whether it be about yourself, or other people, a positive mind = a positive life. Good vibes and all that. Don’t speak about people you don’t like, don’t even think about them.
- Allow yourself to cry, and vent. Don’t beat yourself up about letting the bad moments get to you. You need to release the anger and the hurt in able to move onto better things
- If it’s not working, don’t force it. That goes for relationships, friendships and plans for your future. There really is no reason for you to keep working and feeling like a failure when there are other people and places for you to be better in.
- Don’t run away from your problems. If you don’t face them head on and deal with them, the reason you ran will still be with you. Make sure to focus on releasing and freeing yourself before a new beginning.
- “Clean sheets = clean sleep = a clean mind”
- Don’t forget to make yourself feel loved. (Need some ideas? I have an entire post on it.)
- A glass of cold water, a walk, a warm bath and a good night’s sleep are perfect for clearing your head.