I’m back, with another feeling inspired post, yay! It has been a while….
Anyway, I’m obsessed with little reasons to smile. For those of you that don’t know, it’s a tumblr account where people submit things that make them happy and the account owners create cute little images and woooooow. My happy place.
“But the most beautiful things in life are not just things. They’re people, and places, memories and pictures. They’re feelings and moments and smiles and laughter”
Here are 15 of my favourites:
Opening the door
- Leave a comment down below with your blog address, I’d be more than happy to check it out.
- Follow me on IG or Twitter @15bex02 (I follow back) and we can start up a conversation there!
My hair is naturally curly, but it’s such a hassle to wear it naturally. I straighten it once a week and hate myself for it – it’s such a mission.
Beauty Bulletin gave me the chance to trial the new Dark & Lovely Au Naturale Range. It will be available in South Africa from October and is totally worth the money.
I was sent 4 products:
- Moisture Replenishing Shampoo (RRP R34.95)
- Knot Out Conditioner (RRP R34.95)
- Plaiting Pudding Cream (RRP R69.95)
- Afro Moisturising Butter (RRP R69.95)
I think one of the best parts of this year has been the beginning of my “glo up”. I forced myself to learn to love myself. This has to be one of the best transformation periods of a girl’s life – learning to love herself, getting her priorities straight and shaping her future.
In all honesty, I think each phase of your life comes with its own glo up. The glo up is not about what you look like. It’s about being able to accept it. It’s about your attitude – towards yourself, and other people. It’s about your self-worth, and doing what you can to take control of your negative feelings towards yourself, your life & body.
But let’s be real, the way you look has a lot of influence on how you feel… So let phase one commence.
PHASE ONE: FEELING PRETTY
- Assess how you see yourself, what would you like to change? Be realistic though – losing a ton of weight in a short time isn’t healthy, neither is gaining it or starting a ridiculous workout program that does nothing but scare the living daylights out of you. (Look out for a post on working out & being healthy!). Change what YOU think you need to. Be sure to do it for you though
- Try something new with your hair. Get a new weave, change your hair colour, get a hair cut. Find a style that makes you feel empowered and like a strong independent woman.
- Start a beauty routine. Skincare is so important, because many of us are super self conscious about how we look. If you’re into makeup, try new things, find your personal style whether it be natural glam or bold and beautiful, do you!
- Find your personal clothing style. Change your closet accordingly (sell off old things! save the money) and stick to pieces that make you feel beautiful.
- Change up your friend group. Hit the delete button on friendships that feel toxic, on people who don’t appreciate you and on people that have a horrible influence on you. Have coffee dates with people who inspire you, and the friends who love you.
- Pamper yourself. Have days solely for self love, and taking a break from everyday stress.
- Focus on positivity. Unfollow all of those sad, depressing Instagram & Twitter accounts. Don’t allow yourself to wallow in sadness. It’s hard, but sometimes you need to make a conscious decision to be happy.
If there’s one thing I’ve started doing more regularly, it’s cleaning up my life. I can’t move on from the hurts of the past if I’m still holding on tight… Here are a few things I like to do when trying to clean up my life, & brighten up again
- Delete old conversations. If we no longer talk, I’m holding onto nothing. It’s super healthy to let go of the past and to stop yourself from dwelling on things, by not having the temptation to dwell on it.
- Say kind things. Whether it be about yourself, or other people, a positive mind = a positive life. Good vibes and all that. Don’t speak about people you don’t like, don’t even think about them.
- Allow yourself to cry, and vent. Don’t beat yourself up about letting the bad moments get to you. You need to release the anger and the hurt in able to move onto better things
- If it’s not working, don’t force it. That goes for relationships, friendships and plans for your future. There really is no reason for you to keep working and feeling like a failure when there are other people and places for you to be better in.
- Don’t run away from your problems. If you don’t face them head on and deal with them, the reason you ran will still be with you. Make sure to focus on releasing and freeing yourself before a new beginning.
- “Clean sheets = clean sleep = a clean mind”
- Don’t forget to make yourself feel loved. (Need some ideas? I have an entire post on it.)
- A glass of cold water, a walk, a warm bath and a good night’s sleep are perfect for clearing your head.